Have you ever walked into a space and suddenly felt down, depressed or just a heavy unexplainable feeling? When it’s time to leave, you walk out and begin to feel back to normal again. There may be a corner in your home that feels dark; perhaps every time you sit there, you feel exhausted. Every space holds energy – both positive and negative. Such energies cannot be seen, but can be sensed. They tend to seep into spaces.
For example, if you have a heated argument with someone in your house, what happens to the energy there? It gets absorbed in the walls, upholstery, furniture, ceiling and objects around you. Such negative energies frequently accumulates in tucked away spaces or corners. They become a part of your life and start affecting all the people residing there.
So where do these negative energies come from? They are typically a result of negative emotions or thoughts, such as anger and jealousy and even actions or thoughts of violence.
They can also enter your space when you bring in secondhand objects or antiques that have been used by various people over many years. These objects tend to hold the emotions of their former owners. If you have owned an object for a long time, your everyday emotions can get attached to it.
No matter where these negative energies originate, purifying or cleansing your space can restore the much-needed harmony and balance.
thesis on lifestyle diseases how to write a simple poem about yourself viagra store in brampton viagra patent 012 https://www.go-gba.org/2440-essay-on-extinct-species/ pay to do assignment case study method http://v-nep.org/classroom/assinment/04/ best academic essay writers sites for school https://homemods.org/usc/customer-satisfaction-essay/46/ https://drrobertlaprademd.com/medic/prednisone-benefits/64/ follow url follow url buy viagra in brazil help paper lasix online no prescription to canada go site cv writing service uk reviews https://teleroo.com/pharm/ordering-viagra-online/67/ thesis topics natural resource management cheapest pharmacy for viagra toronto resume help cialis sales in victoria canada cuanto tiempo dura el efecto del viagra resume atalanta juventus http://mechajournal.com/alumni/essay-checking-online/12/ consciousness essays from a higher order perspective academic essay editor website uk go site source url homeworks norwich buy cialis doctor online Method 1: De-clutter and Rearrange Furniture
To get rid of negative energy, the first thing you need to do is get rid of all the unwanted, unused and expired items around you. The more clutter you have, the more places you are providing the negative energy to hide.
- Clean your closets and drawers. Get rid of anything that you haven’t used during the last year.
- Grab a large trash bag and fill it up with unused or unwanted stuff like old papers and magazines, books, worn-out clothes and boxes that you no longer use. If you cannot throw them, at least move them from their space and clean the area. De-cluttering can be positive, not just physically but also emotionally and mentally, as you are also getting rid of all the negativity and unwanted things in your life.
- Another thing that you can do is rearrange big pieces of furniture every few months. If not rearranging, simply change their position for 12 hours. This breaks the energy pattern and creates more wide space.
Once you rearrange, sweep the floor occupied by the furniture, and pat the pillows and cushions. Later, sprinkle some table salt or sea salt over the area. Salt is believed to neutralize the negative energy. After a few hours, vacuum it up.
Method 2: Smudging
Smudging is one of the oldest and easiest cleansing methods. Smudging is done by burning white sage bundles. People also use palo santo, yerba santa, tobacco, cedar, sweet grass, juniper, rosemary, pine needles and cypress for smudging.
The smoke is believed to bless spaces by clearing out negative emotions like anger, stress or tension lingering after an event or harmful energies left by people who visited your house.
- Before you start smudging, open the doors and windows. Open all your cabinets, wardrobes and closets.
- Place a bundle of dried sage, yerba santa, palo santo or any cleansing resin or herb you wish to use in a small plate or a fireproof container that will catch ashes.
- Light a small corner of the herb. Hold the smudge stick until it catches fire.
- Let the stick burn for 10 seconds, it can take a while for the stick to start burning well.
- Gently blow it out.
- Cleanse yourself before proceeding to smudge your living space.
- Fan the smudge stick either with your hand or a feather to direct the smoke all over and around your body.
- To smudge your surroundings, start with the farthest room and finish at the entrance so that you push the negative energy out the front door.
- Walk around each room until the smoke fills the area. Walk to each corner, along all the walls, around the windows and along the ceiling lines. Do not forget the closets, cabinets and wardrobes.
- Recite a prayer of your choice while doing this. Also, imagine negativity being pushed out of your house.
- Go to the front door and waft the smoke out the front door, and smudge around the door and frame.
- Once you are done with the process of smudging, extinguish the stick by pressing it against the fireproof holder. Return it to the earth. You can leave it in your garden or scatter the pieces somewhere outside.
You can also plant sage all around your house to ward off negative energy. It is said to invite positive energy. In addition, lighting sandalwood- or jasmine-scented incense sticks are considered purifying.
Method 3: Use Salt to Ward off Negative Energy
- Sprinkle sea salt over your furniture, bed, carpet or even on clothes worn by people suffering from diseases. Vacuum or sweep it up after a few hours.
- Instead of sprinkling, you can put bowls of salt in the northeast or southwest directions of your room. Discard it outside after a few hours. Salt helps absorb all the negative energy.
- Another option is to put 5 to 6 teaspoons of sea salt or rock salt in a bucket of water. Use your hands or a new brush to smear the salt water around the walls, windows and doors. You can also pour the water into a spray bottle and spray it around your carpets, floors, cabinets, etc.
Method 4: Use Sound to Purify your Home
Who doesn’t love the sound of wind chimes, bells or Tibetan bowls? They are very pleasing and healing at the same time. Sound waves help dispel stagnation. The vibrations produced by the sound help line up your spiritual power.
Various mediums of sounds can be used to ward off negative energy.
- Bells, gongs and wind chimes: These help create peace and inner calmness. Ringing bells or gongs while walking around your house will help break the stagnant energy in your living space. The sound of bells invites positive energy. Hanging a wind chime at the entrance of your house introduces harmony, spirit and motion.
- Tibetan singing bowls: These bowls are ancient Tibetan meditation bowls. The vibrations created by hitting the bowl and tracing the edge with the wooden stick relax the brain. It creates a sense of inner peace, well-being and tranquility. Sit in the center of the room and play the bowl until you feel positive energy around you, or walk around the room counter-clockwise.
- Clapping: Loud, purposeful clapping can disperse negative energy. Clapping about 10 to 30 times while you go around the house can break the stagnant negative energy. This explains why people clap when they chant hymns, prayers and bhajans.
- Prayers: Walk around your house while chanting your choice of hymn or prayer for 20 minutes. You can even play an audio recording of a prayer in the morning or evening. The sound of prayer will wash off the negative energy.
Method 5: Use Crystals to Absorb Negative Energy
Certain crystals have the ability to absorb negative energy.
- Keep a bowl of crystals like snowflake obsidian, apache tears and amethyst in your kitchen. These crystals will help dissipate negative energy.
- You can hang or put crystals in your windows, doors, stairway corners, outside the bathroom or in rooms to deflect negative energy.
- Place a few crystals of black or mahogany obsidian outside your home or on both sides of your front door to prevent any kind of negative energy from entering your space.
- Keep a piece of black tourmaline in every corner of the room where your front door is located. Black tourmaline is a powerful crystal when it comes to absorbing negative energy. It seals the room with a protective shield. Some place this crystal beside their electronic items, as black tourmaline is said to absorb the electromagnetic radiation emitted by these devices. Judy Hall, in her book The Illustrated Guide to Crystals, says tourmaline has the ability to transmute negative energy to positive. She adds that if the crystal has a point, point it away from your home to deflect negative energy and convert it into positive energy.
- Smokey quartz is considered to be the best when it comes to clearing unwanted energy from a room. It will remove the stagnant energy and replace it with a clear, clean, uplifting energy.
Clean your crystals:
You need to get rid of all the unwanted energies that your crystals have absorbed. Clean them whenever they start looking dull. Here are various methods for cleaning them:
- Wash them under running water and wipe them off. This will help get rid of the dirt and impurities. Use additional cleaning methods to further purify them of negative energies.
- Use sea salt to purify them of all the emotional imbalances they might have absorbed from your home. Put some sea salt in a bowl of water and soak your crystal in it for 24 hours. Thereafter, make sure to wipe off the sea salt.
- Use the smudging sticks, such as frankincense, sandalwood, sage or cedar, to clean your crystals. Burn these sticks and hold your crystal in the smoke until you feel the negativity pushing out of them.
- After rinsing your crystal in water, leave them for 24 hours in a place where they will be exposed to both the sun and moon. You can also place them in a pyramid-shaped box made out of cardboard.
Method 6: Use Essential Oils to Bring Positivity
Essential oils or blends are good to ward off negative energy and bring positivity into your home. Essential oils have antiseptic and antibacterial properties that have the ability to purify the air. The relaxing and refreshing aroma of these oils invites positivity.
- Add 10 to 15 drops of essential oil (1 to 3 different oils) per ounce of water. Pour it into a spray bottle and spritz the spray into the air. Don’t forget to spritz the corners of the room, behind the doors and inside closets, too.
- Add a few drops of essential oils – sage oil (purifying), lemon oil (gives energy and a clean smell), patchouli (brings prosperity)and/or Pine (brings prosperity and love)– and a pinch of salt (purifying and grounding) in your mop bucket and clean your home with it.
Oils that help to ward off negative energy:
- Sage, fennel, eucalyptus, cypress, myrrh, frankincense and basil help relieve negative energy from your home. Basil is said to mend lover’s quarrels and bring peace in your relationship. But as it’s not good for babies and infants, it would be advisable to avoid it during pregnancy.
- Rosemary and lavender promote love and happiness. Spray lavender oils around your home to promote a peaceful and happy atmosphere. Spray one drop of lavender on your pillow to encourage good sleep.
- Juniper cleanses and purifies air. It is used during prayer and meditation as it has a calming effect on the senses.
- Sandalwood has one of the highest spiritual vibrations. It allows healing energies to flow.
When to cleanse your home?
- After de-cluttering your environment.
- After an argument.
- When you move into a new place.
- When someone moves out of your house.
- After an unhappy event like divorce or break-up.
- Post illness or death.
- When you bring a secondhand object or antique into your home.
- Whenever you feel negativity around you.