Come gather with us for a day of celebration and gratitude for those who light our path and strengthen our souls. We will be paying homage through music, dance and the expression of love for one another.
Sometimes it’s easy lose touch with who we really are and our human connection because of all the social media saturation. On this day we reclaim ourselves and what lives inside of us. We are descendants of people who made sacrifices so that we could live a better life. Let’s keep their memory alive and share our heritage with each other.
As a tribute to our ancestors, the theme of this celebration is
– Bring things to share with one another. It can be anything – food, bubbles, stickers … be creative and generous.
– Please bring an offering for “The Tree of Life”
such as candles, incense, flowers, fruit, decorations, crystals, beads, wind chimes, instruments, photos of your ancestors, simply listen to your heart. (if you bring a personal item, it can be taken when you are ready to go)
– Wear light colors (white is always best)
– Bring a blanket and an extra sweater, it gets a chilly by the water
– Bring children and elders – they will thank you. Pets Allowed
– And, last but not least: come with a very positive attitude. Bring your true authentic self – we are waiting for YOU.
Music by: Antonio Ocasio (Tribal Winds) and Ace HouseNation
Hosted by: Joann Jimenez (EVERYTHiNG SOULFuL)
To volunteer, inquiries, if you’d like to celebrate something special or just show some love, reach out to: email@example.com
Facebook Invitation: CLICK HERE
East River Park Amphitheatre
FDR Drive & Grand – Entrance on Cherry Street – walk over the pathway
F to East Broadway or any train to 14th Street then 14D Bus to Delancey St / FDR Drive
“We are cultural and musical preservationists. We bring people together to honor our roots and pay homage to our ancestors through music, drum and dance. ¡WEPA! provides a foundation and shrine to experience the true meaning of tradition, joy and freedom.” – Joann and Antonio
Video from a few years ago…
Photos from the last few events: CLICK HERE