Sweet potatoes can be dressed up with all sorts of delicious things from tangy cranberry sauce to fluffy marshmallows. This recipe, however, lets the natural flavor of sweet potato shine, elevating it with just a few select seasonings like cinnamon, turmeric, thyme, salt, and pepper. Just a quick toss, some time in the oven, and voila! A delectable side dish you will use time and time again.
- 3 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into bite size pieces.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add extra virgin olive oil to lightly cover. Add spices, herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place the potatoes on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Cook for 45-60 minutes. Serve.