So tasty and easy to whip up for a quick lunch or a casual dinner! These shrimp lettuce wraps pack a flawless combination of flavors and textures: grilled shrimp with sautéed red peppers, carrots, zucchini wrapped in a crisp lettuce leaf. Plus, you’ll love the peanut dipping sauce.
INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE SHRIMP LETTUCE WRAPS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 1 or 2 carrots, julienned
- Fresh chopped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head Boston lettuce (or Bibb, butter…)
THE PEANUT SAUCE
- 4 teaspoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
1. Make the peanut sauce: in a bowl, combine all ingredients (peanut butter, rice vinegar, coconut milk, soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic) until smooth, and set aside. You can use your blender for a creamier texture.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add raw shrimp and cook until golden, about 2 – 3 minutes.
3. Stir in crushed chili pepper, cumin, ginger, onion and cook for 1 minute. Add zucchini and soy sauce and cook for 1 minute, then add carrot, jalapeño, garlic, bell pepper and chives. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes more, vegetable should be still crunchy. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the shrimp and vegetable mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style. Serve along with the remaining cooking juice if you like. Don’t forget to dip in the peanut sauce — Enjoy!