Cauliflower Fried Rice is a healthy + clean take on fried rice made with cauliflower, carrots, onions, garlic, eggs/tofu and sesame oil. Yum yum yummmm.
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 2 beaten eggs (use scrambled tofu for vegan)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (use tamari for GF)
- 6 green onions, minced
- PREP CAULIFLOWER: Shred cauliflower using the largest side of a grater OR by just pulsing some rough cut pieces in a food processor; the end product should resemble smallish grains of rice.
- STIR FRY: Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the carrots and garlic and stir fry until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower, edamame, and remaining sesame oil to the pan; stir fry quickly to cook the cauliflower to a soft (but not mushy) texture.
- FINISHING TOUCHES: Make a well in the middle, turn the heat down, and add the eggs. Stir gently and continuously until the eggs are fully cooked. Stir in the soy sauce and green onions just before serving.